Who we are
ILO Group is an education-focused consultancy that was formed with the simple mission to do whatever it takes to help education leaders – – from Governors, state education chiefs, and superintendents – achieve their vision and to empower diverse system leaders and their teams to turn bold intentions into reality. True to ILO Group’s “In-the-Life-Of” approach, we pair deep systems expertise with immersive technical assistance and project and crisis management. We are known for our trusted advising, high impact track record, and excellence in service. We use applied thinking and services to create sustainable solutions anchored in everyday realities and adaptable to inevitable change. Ultimately, ILO Group is invested in leaders, and invested in change.
Who we are looking for
ILO Group is seeking an individual to join the team as a Communications Consultant. Reporting directly to the Director of Communications, this individual will be responsible for drafting, editing, designing, and coordinating the production of content that highlights the work of ILO and our clients.
The Communications Consultant must be a strong writer and editor with excellent attention to detail and be committed to consistently producing a high-quality work product. In addition, this individual will support the tracking of the organization and our clients’ engagement, and conduct research to keep a pulse on industry media and best practices. The ideal candidate will have a nuanced understanding of the key audiences within the education landscape and its systems.
Why ILO Group
Our clients are C-suite leaders of State Education Agencies, large school districts, and adjacent education organizations, who are committed to implementing initiatives to improve student outcomes. As a result, you will have the opportunity to work with, and develop relationships with, these leaders to understand their needs, provide real time / in the moment support to them and their teams, develop strategic and operating plans to implement sustainable solutions, and help disseminate those solutions to Districts across the country.
You will join a team of high performing and creative individuals who work tirelessly to support education leaders across the country in delivering a high-quality education to every student. In addition, as ILO Group is a “start-up”, you will have the opportunity to have a voice in the organization’s internal operations, decision making, and strategy. As ILO Group continues to grow, we are invested in the growth of our team as well. We anticipate various opportunities for consultants to grow in their expertise and skills in support of our clients and in partnership with their ILO Group teammates.
The Communications Consultant position will draft, edit, and support the production of select client communications content, as well as internal and external ILO communications. This person will be expected to:
- Draft and edit compelling and dynamic social media copy, website content, blog posts, talking points, op-eds, case studies, correspondence, and other related communications
- Manage the production of a variety of communications projects across the ILO team and client projects, including Google slide decks, one-pagers, and other designed content (and help direct vendors/outside firms as needed)
- Ensure ILO branding and voice are consistent across all communications products and platforms
- Ensure clients’ branding and voice are consistent across all client-focused communications products and platforms
- Understand, analyze and apply findings from research and data to develop accurate and compelling messaging and other communications
- Research and track industry trends and best practices, within both communications as well as K-12 education
- Support ILO’s engagement across traditional and social media
- Proofread/copyedit written materials, including sourcing and checking citations
- Carry out additional responsibilities as assigned
Location and Travel
We are a virtual organization, and this is a remote position. Travel may be required based on client needs.
The candidate should be a strong communications generalist and manager, who is excited for an opportunity to work in a startup environment and help shape the organization.
The requirements for this position are:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5-7+ years of in-house or agency communications experience
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to produce accurate, timely communications and handle confidential information
- An understanding of industry best practices in external and internal consulting communications
- A track record of strategic change management, problem-solving and stakeholder engagement
- Outstanding project management and strategic thinking skills with an attention to detail
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, dynamic, startup environment
- Ability to lead a project from conception to delivery, prioritizing items to meet critical deadlines
- Willingness to hold oneself personally accountable for results in a rapidly changing context
- Experience and fluency with social media platforms and best practices, particularly Twitter and LinkedIn
- Experience using Google Apps (i.e., Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, etc.)
- Proficient in Adobe, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
The compensation for this 6-month contract position is competitive and depends on experience and we anticipate up to 40 hours/week. Depending upon client needs, there may be an opportunity to extend this contract.
Please apply here.
We believe diversity is a source of strength and welcome applicants of all religions, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at ILO Group
ILO Group is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
We are a proudly women-owned business devoted to increasing equity in the leadership of our nation’s public school districts. Diversity and equity are built into the DNA of ILO Group and our work supporting women and BIPOC leaders of school systems across the country.