Who we are
ILO Group is a proudly women-owned education strategy and policy firm. We are a dedicated team of strategic partners and specialists who support school districts and states in executing on their biggest bets and their highest priority efforts. We work as members of our partners’ teams—operating side-by-side with the country’s leading educators, experts and government partners.
Our work is as diverse as our partners ambitions are bold: we work across leadership development, comprehensive project management and implementation support, systems transformation and more. We enable education leaders to be the catalysts for enduring change that benefits their students, schools, and communities.
In addition to technical assistance to districts and states, our expert team provides the capacity and expertise to power difference-making partnerships of our own: Women Leading Ed and The Forum for Educational Leadership.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Consultant team member who will primarily focus on client projects. The candidates we bring aboard in these roles will be responsible for research and data analysis, document creation, project management, and contributing insights to help our clients design and implement strategic initiatives at their respective districts and organizations.
You will be a great fit for this role if you have 3 – 4 years of work experience; strong analytical skills and presentation creation abilities; facilitation skills and comfort with public speaking; knowledge of the K-12 education landscape; and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Our team members often need to be fast-learners and adaptive to quickly changing circumstances.
Why ILO Group
Our clients are state education agencies, school districts, and adjacent education organizations, including nonprofits and foundations, who are committed to implementing initiatives to improve student outcomes. As a result, you will have the opportunity to work with these leaders and their teams to understand their needs, provide real-time, in-the-moment support, and develop strategic and operating plans to implement sustainable solutions.
You will join a team of high-performing and creative individuals who are dedicated to supporting education leaders across the country in delivering a high-quality education to every student. In addition, as ILO Group is a “startup,” you will have the opportunity to have a voice in the organization’s internal operations, decision-making, and strategy. As ILO Group continues to grow, we are invested in the growth of our team as well. We anticipate various opportunities for consultants to grow in their expertise and skills in support of our clients and in partnership with their ILO Group teammates.
This person must demonstrate the ability to:
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses to identify trends and insights, with curiosity and a keen attention to detail
- Design and draft high-quality presentations, reports, and communications and refine with senior team members
- Demonstrate clear writing, both in presentations and documents, and craft communication tailored to the intended audience
- Coordinate and support the execution of projects, which includes supporting work plans, managing project timelines, and contributing significantly to high-quality project execution to ensure the delivery of innovative and effective solutions to our clients’ challenges
- Contribute to the facilitation of presentations and stakeholder engagement as needed with respect to project scopes
- Develop and coordinate meetings and events ranging from those designed to provide leadership coaching support to coordinating across various client business units to support initiative implementation
- Act as a knowledge source for team members by monitoring state and local conversations, and researching and summarizing information
- Support clients by bringing a problem-solving, strategic mindset and by developing high-quality materials, tools, and resources rooted in research and best practices
- Participate as an active partner in client conversations, share insights, take notes, and follow through on the next steps
- Serve as a contributing member of the ILO Group team
We are currently seeking individuals who are interested in full-time opportunities.
Location and Travel
We are a virtual organization, and this is a remote position. Travel will be required based on client needs.
The requirements for this position are:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 3-4 years of experience
- Consulting experience preferred but not required
- Experience analyzing, synthesizing, and visualizing quantitative and qualitative data
- Outstanding project management skills with an attention to detail
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, dynamic, startup environment with the ability to prioritize items and manage time across projects to meet critical deadlines
- Comfort presenting ideas and recommendations to senior team members, including participating in two-way feedback
- Willingness to hold oneself personally accountable for results in a rapidly changing context
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Experience using the Google Suite (e.g., Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Forms)
- Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
The salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at ILO Group
ILO Group is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. As a result, we welcome applicants of all religions, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
We are devoted to increasing equity in the leadership of our nation’s public school districts. Diversity and equity are built into the DNA of ILO Group and our work supporting women and BIPOC leaders of school systems across the country.
Why I do this work
Hear from some of our team on why they do this work as a team with their colleagues at ILO Group.
“I am the product of public school teachers who believed in my potential. As the daughter of immigrants with a humble upbringing, I was supported throughout my K-12 education by teachers and administrators who went the extra mile to ensure that my circumstances would not dictate the quality or rigor of my education. Although I was not statistically likely to persevere, I am my family’s first college graduate. Paying that goodwill forward to impact the trajectory of today’s students positively is why I do this work.”
“I do this work because I believe all kids deserve an excellent education and it is my mission to support educational leaders in making that belief a reality. Whether it’s operationalizing a plan to implement a leader’s big bets or creating a strategic plan to drive change, I enjoy partnering with teams from school districts and educational organizations to learn what is working well, to explore what could be better, and to find a path to get there together.”
“I do this work because I am passionate about rethinking our education system to make it work better for students and families. I love working alongside superintendents and their teams to help implement new ideas that make a direct positive impact on their students.”
“When I think of why I do this work, the first thing that comes to mind is something I have always been driven by: helping to support and create a more diverse, impactful and robust education system for students and educational leaders. Everyday, I wake up feeling motivated and energized by the fact that the work we do as a team directly impacts the future of thousands of students in this country, and I have the opportunity to be a part of the change. Seeing projects come to life and transforming the education system in a positive and effective manner is the most rewarding factor of the work.”
Please visit this site to apply for the position. We believe diversity is a source of strength and welcome applicants of all religions, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.