Who we are
ILO Group partners with state education chiefs, district superintendents, and their teams, as well as education-focused organizations, to create sustainable solutions to move their visions forward. True to ILO Group’s “In-the-Life-Of” approach, we pair deep systems expertise with immersive technical assistance and project and crisis management. We are known for our trusted advising, high-impact track record, and excellence in service. We use applied thinking and services to create sustainable solutions anchored in everyday realities and adaptable to inevitable change. Ultimately, ILO Group is invested in leaders and invested in change.
Who we are looking for
Our ILO Group team is rapidly growing, and we are looking for consultant-level team members who will primarily focus on client projects. The candidates we bring aboard in these roles will be responsible for project and workstream management, research and data analysis, document creation, and contributing insights to help our clients design and implement strategic initiatives at their respective districts and organizations.
You will be a great fit for this role if you have 3-7 years of work experience with progressively increasing management responsibility and analytics experience; knowledge of the K-12 education landscape; preferably management consulting experience in either the public or commercial sectors; and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Why ILO Group
Our clients are C-suite leaders of state education agencies, large school districts, and adjacent education organizations, who are committed to implementing initiatives to improve student outcomes. As a result, you will have the opportunity to work with, and develop relationships with, these leaders to understand their needs, provide real-time/in-the-moment support to them and their teams, develop strategic and operating plans to implement sustainable solutions, and help disseminate those solutions to districts across the country.
You will join a team of high-performing and creative individuals who work tirelessly to support education leaders across the country in delivering a high-quality education to every student. In addition, as ILO Group is a “start-up,” you will have the opportunity to have a voice in the organization’s internal operations, decision-making, and strategy. As ILO Group continues to grow, we are invested in the growth of our team as well. We anticipate various opportunities for consultants to develop their expertise and skills in support of our clients and in partnership with their ILO Group teammates.
This person must demonstrate the ability to:
- Develop work plans and manage projects, workstreams, and subcontractors/ third-party providers in response to member and client needs, to ensure work is done on time and at quality expectations
- Partner with Project Leads on project decision-making through quantitative and qualitative data analysis to identify trends and insights, with curiosity and a keen attention to detail
- Design and draft high-quality presentations, reports, and communications and refine with senior team members
- Develop and facilitate meetings and events, ranging from those designed to provide leadership coaching support to coordinating across various client business units to support initiative implementation
- Act as a knowledge source for team members by monitoring state and local conversations as well as researching and summarizing information
- Support clients by bringing a problem-solving, strategic mindset and by developing high-quality materials, tools, and resources rooted in research and best practices
- Participate as an active partner in client conversations, share insights, take notes, and follow through on next steps
- Serve as a contributing member of the founding ILO Group team
Location and Travel
We are a virtual organization, and this is a remote position. Travel may be required based on client needs.
The requirements for this position are:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 3-7 years of experience, preferably within a large school district, state education agency, or public sector-focused consulting firm, with a track record of success
- Outstanding project management skills, with an attention to detail
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, dynamic, startup environment with the ability to prioritize items to meet critical deadlines
- Comfort presenting ideas and recommendations to senior team members
- Experience analyzing and synthesizing quantitative and qualitative data
- Willingness to hold oneself personally accountable for results in a rapidly changing context
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Experience using Google Apps (i.e., Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Forms, etc.)
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
The salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Please visit this site to apply for the position.
We believe diversity is a source of strength, and welcome applicants of all religions, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at ILO Group
ILO Group is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
We are a proudly women-owned business devoted to increasing equity in the leadership of our nation’s public school districts. Diversity and equity are built into the DNA of ILO Group and our work supporting women and BIPOC leaders of school systems across the country.