Who we are
ILO Group was built on a simple, shared mission: to roll up our sleeves and do whatever it takes to support K-12 system leaders’ big bets—from continuing to respond to student needs exacerbated by the pandemic to supporting all students thriving as we look ahead.
We’re a proudly women-owned education strategy and policy firm. Our name, ILO Group, stands for In the Life Of: we work side-by-side with the country’s leading educators, experts, and government partners to help solve the toughest challenges facing school systems and leaders today—because we’ve been in their shoes. With decades of collective experience, our seasoned team of consultants has supported many of the nation’s largest and highest-profile school systems and education-focused organizations. Our firm’s impact is significant and growing: we have supported nearly 50 leaders from across the nation to become district and state superintendents.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Senior Consultant team member who will primarily focus on client projects. The candidate we bring aboard in this role will be responsible for project and workstream management, research and data analysis, document creation, and contributing insights to help our clients design and implement strategic initiatives at their respective districts and organizations.
You will be a great fit for this role if you have 5 – 7 years of work experience; strong analytics, information presentation, and document creation abilities; facilitation skills and comfort with public speaking; knowledge of the K-12 education landscape; and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Our team members often need to be fast-learners and adaptive to quickly changing circumstances.
Why ILO Group
Our clients are state education agencies, school districts, and adjacent education organizations, including nonprofits and foundations, who are committed to implementing initiatives to improve student outcomes. As a result, you will have the opportunity to work with these leaders and their teams to understand their needs, provide real-time, in-the-moment support, and develop strategic and operating plans to implement sustainable solutions.
You will join a team of high-performing and creative individuals who are dedicated to supporting education leaders across the country in delivering a high-quality education to every student. In addition, as ILO Group is a “startup,” you will have the opportunity to have a voice in the organization’s internal operations, decision-making, and strategy. As ILO Group continues to grow, we are invested in the growth of our team as well. We anticipate various opportunities for consultants to grow in their expertise and skills in support of our clients and in partnership with their ILO Group teammates.
This person must demonstrate the ability to:
- Support the execution of projects, which includes supporting work plans, managing project timelines, and contributing significantly to high-quality project execution to ensure the delivery of innovative and effective solutions to our clients’ challenges
- Partner with Project Leads on project decision-making through quantitative and qualitative data analysis to identify trends and insights, with curiosity and a keen attention to detail
- Demonstrate clear writing, both in presentations and documents, and craft communication tailored to the intended audience
- Design and draft high-quality presentations, reports, and communications and refine with senior team members
- Contribute to the facilitation of presentations and stakeholder engagement as needed with respect to project scopes
- Develop and coordinate meetings and events ranging from those designed to provide leadership coaching support to coordinating across various client business units to support initiative implementation
- Leverage acumen to engage in knowledge sharing with internal and external stakeholders, including providing qualified guidance in response to client needs
- Support clients by bringing a problem-solving, strategic mindset and by developing high-quality materials, tools, and resources rooted in research and best practices
- Participate as an active partner in client conversations, share insights, take notes, and follow through on the next steps
- Serve as a contributing member of the ILO Group team
We are currently seeking individuals who are interested in full-time opportunities.
Location and Travel
We are a virtual organization, and this is a remote position. Travel will be required based on client needs.
The requirements for this position are:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5- 7 years of experience
- Consulting experience required
- Outstanding project management skills with an attention to detail
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, dynamic, startup environment with the ability to prioritize items and manage time across projects to meet critical deadlines
- Comfort presenting ideas and recommendations to senior team members, including participating in two-way feedback
- Experience analyzing and synthesizing quantitative and qualitative data
- Willingness to hold oneself personally accountable for results in a rapidly changing context
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Experience using the Google Suite (e.g., Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Forms)
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
The salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at ILO Group
ILO Group is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. As a result, we welcome applicants of all religions, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
We are devoted to increasing equity in the leadership of our nation’s public school districts. Diversity and equity are built into the DNA of ILO Group and our work supporting women and BIPOC leaders of school systems across the country.
Why I do this work
Hear from some of our team on why they do this work as a team with their colleagues at ILO Group.
“I am the product of public school teachers who believed in my potential. As the daughter of immigrants with a humble upbringing, I was supported throughout my K-12 education by teachers and administrators who went the extra mile to ensure that my circumstances would not dictate the quality or rigor of my education. Although I was not statistically likely to persevere, I am my family’s first college graduate. Paying that goodwill forward to impact the trajectory of today’s students positively is why I do this work.”
“I do this work because I believe all kids deserve an excellent education and it is my mission to support educational leaders in making that belief a reality. Whether it’s operationalizing a plan to implement a leader’s big bets or creating a strategic plan to drive change, I enjoy partnering with teams from school districts and educational organizations to learn what is working well, to explore what could be better, and to find a path to get there together.”
“I do this work because I am passionate about rethinking our education system to make it work better for students and families. I love working alongside superintendents and their teams to help implement new ideas that make a direct positive impact on their students.”
“When I think of why I do this work, the first thing that comes to mind is something I have always been driven by: helping to support and create a more diverse, impactful and robust education system for students and educational leaders. Everyday, I wake up feeling motivated and energized by the fact that the work we do as a team directly impacts the future of thousands of students in this country, and I have the opportunity to be a part of the change. Seeing projects come to life and transforming the education system in a positive and effective manner is the most rewarding factor of the work.”
Please visit this site to apply for the position. We believe diversity is a source of strength and welcome applicants of all religions, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.