Who we are:
ILO Group is an education-focused consultancy that was formed with the simple mission to do whatever it takes to help education leaders – – from Governors, state education chiefs, and superintendents – achieve their vision and to empower diverse system leaders and their teams to turn bold intentions into reality. True to ILO Group’s “In-the-Life-Of” approach, we pair deep systems expertise with immersive technical assistance and project and crisis management. We are known for our trusted advising, high impact track record, and excellence in service. We use applied thinking and services to create sustainable solutions anchored in everyday realities and adaptable to inevitable change. Ultimately, ILO Group is invested in leaders, and invested in change.
Who we are looking for:
ILO Group is seeking an individual to join the team in the position of State/District (S/D) Lead. The S/D Lead will serve as the main point of contact and trusted partner/advisor to their client(s), and all relevant partners, and provide immersive leadership coaching, project and crisis management, and execute on key priorities. The S/D Lead will ensure quality completion and impact for client specific project expectations. The S/D Lead is someone who cares deeply about advancing educational equity and dramatically improving public education for all students; thrives in an entrepreneurial environment; has a record of remarkable professional achievement; and wants to be on the cutting edge of education reform. The successful candidate will be an individual with senior leadership experience within an LEA, SEA, and/or CMO who deeply understands the opportunities and challenges of systemic change work and the complexity of LEA and SEA systems from a chief’s perspective.
Why ILO Group:
Our clients are C-suite leaders of State Education Agencies, large school districts, and adjacent education organizations, who are committed to implementing initiatives to improve student outcomes. As a result, you will have the opportunity to work with, and develop relationships with, these leaders to understand their needs, provide real time / in the moment support to them and their teams, develop strategic and operating plans to implement sustainable solutions, and help disseminate those solutions to Districts across the country.
You will join a team of high performing and creative individuals who work tirelessly to support education leaders across the country in delivering a high-quality education to every student. In addition, as ILO Group is a “start-up”, you will have the opportunity to have a voice in the organization’s internal operations, decision making, and strategy. As ILO Group continues to grow, we are invested in the growth of our team as well. We anticipate various opportunities for consultants to grow in their expertise and skills in support of our clients and in partnership with their ILO Group teammates.
The State/District Lead position will lead, manage, and influence complex projects to ensure successful project outcomes for the nation’s top education leaders. This person will be expected to:
- Lead decision making and strategic thinking to produce high-quality and impactful services, programs, and recommendations grounded in research and best practices to create sustainable solutions
- Rapidly and deeply understand local context, politics, and work, and the impact of a client’s locality to inform priorities and approach within the location
- Design and facilitate client meetings with the ability to align multiple stakeholders on goals and process
- Cultivate and manage high-profile clients and partner relationships
- Oversee qualitative and quantitative analysis of core client projects and provide recommendations and guidance based on findings
- Lead teams, including staff and consultants, to incorporate input and execute projects within scope, cost, and time constraints
- Serve as a contributing member of the founding ILO Group team
Location and Travel
We are a virtual organization, and this is a remote position. Travel will be required based on client needs.
The candidate should be a strong generalist and manager, who is excited for an opportunity to work in a startup environment and help shape the organization.
The requirements for this position are:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 10+ years of education experience in district, state agency, charter management organization, including cabinet-level experience, with a track record of success
- Experience managing a team with an emphasis on empowering the team to become strong, independent leaders
- A track record of strategic change management, problem-solving and stakeholder engagement
- Outstanding project management and strategic thinking skills with an attention to detail
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, dynamic, startup environment
- Ability to lead a project from conception to delivery, prioritizing items to meet critical deadlines
- Willingness to hold oneself personally accountable for results in a rapidly changing context
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Experience using Google Apps (i.e., Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Forms, etc.)
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
The salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Please apply here.
We believe diversity is a source of strength and welcome applicants of all religions, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at ILO Group
ILO Group is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
We are a proudly women-owned business devoted to increasing equity in the leadership of our nation’s public school districts. Diversity and equity are built into the DNA of ILO Group and our work supporting women and BIPOC leaders of school systems across the country.